parent education & skill building
Parent Education & Skill building
Our programs consist of two broad components:
The Center offers parent education and skill-building programs to families to help reduce stress, enhance parenting skills, and strengthen the parent/child relationship. We use evidence-based curriculums and offer training that is interactive, informative, and culturally-sensitive. In as few as 14 sessions, families can be empowered to:
Learn more effective discipline techniques
· Increase the role of fathers in the family
· Identify healthy strategies for avoiding stress
· Understand and avoid intimate partner violence
· Be a child’s first and most important teacher
· Help parents of teens to manage behavior problems
The Center for Child Protection and Family Support has serves as a Facilitator for the DC Citizen Review Panel (DC-CRP) which allows the Center to focus on policy and advocacy issues that impact children in the child welfare system.
The Center is a nationally recognized leader in family and children’s service programming, which focuses on prevention of child abuse, delinquency, and substance abuse by providing programs designed to strengthen families.